CHCC “Creating A Path to Success” (C.A.P.S.) Program
In 2004, as part of the California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce (CHCC) 25th Anniversary and the 50th Anniversary of the landmark decision of Brown v. Board of Education, the CHCC launched the first C.A.P.S Program. This program is an intensive half-week of training that provides real-world skills for young professionals, such as interview skills, etiquette for professional gatherings, and learning about optimizing personal strengths.
The C.A.P.S. program celebrated its 10th anniversary in 2014, and from its inception continues to empower Hispanic college students to become the next generation of successful Hispanic civic and business leaders through training, network-building, and ongoing engagement with leaders in business development.
Click here to view the 2014 10th Anniversary C.A.P.S. video.
To empower and train the next generation of successful Hispanic civic and business leaders, the 2017 CAPS workshop curriculum includes:
- Etiquette for the 21st Century Protocol
- Self and Group Awareness
- Strengths Finder - Maximize Your Potential
- The Art of Networking
- Your Elevator Speech
- Public Speaking
- Negotiations and Conflict Management
- Budget and Financial Planning
- Leadership Skills
- Mock Interview
Applicant basic criteria:
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Junior or senior in college or university preferred; other experience levels are welcomed to apply if focused on preparing for a career
- Demonstrate financial need
- Must be a California resident; may be attending school elsewhere
- Be available without restrictions during the time frame of the CHCC Annual Convention: TBD
- Complete and submit the C.A.P.S. application by the deadline
Acceptance to the C.A.P.S. Program includes full scholarship to the 2017 CHCC Annual Convention in the Northern California, including:
- hotel room
- convention registration
- enrollment in C.A.P.S. workshops
- program supplies
- travel to the Convention (if needed)
How to Apply
C.A.P.S. Student Application is now OPEN - APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY TUESDAY, MARCH 7, 2017 - Click here to download the C.A.P.S. APPLICATION
Questions? please contact the CHCC office at 916.444.2221 or via email: email@example.com