The California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce (CHCC) will conduct elections for the CHCC BOARD CHAIR, CHCC BOARD VICE CHAIR, REGIONAL CHAIRS and DIRECTORS for Northern and Southern Regions.
DATE OF ELECTIONS: SATURDAY, AUGUST 22, 2015
"Advocacy, Empowerment, Education for California's Hispanic Businesses"
CHCC GOALS AND PURPOSES
- To promote, support and encourage the advancement and development of Hispanic and minority owned businesses;
- To provide an organizational forum for the exchange of ideas, information, technical assistance, procurement opportunities, and any other form of business opportunities that enhance the Hispanic and minority business communities;
- To develop a program of advocacy in order to inform and educate elected and appointed officials, legislative bodies, agencies and public and private organizations about the concerns, needs, and opportunities which affect the Hispanic and minority business communities California;
- To foster unity and communication between organizations, corporations, and individuals who support the goals and objectives of the CHCC.
CHCC BOARD OF DIRECTORS POSITIONS OPEN:
• CHCC CHAIR OF THE BOARD
• CHCC VICE CHAIR OF THE BOARD
• REGION CHAIR
• REGION DIRECTOR (2 POSITIONS)
• REGION CHAIR
• REGION DIRECTOR (2 POSITIONS)
ELIGIBILITY FOR OFFICE
To be eligible for service on the Executive Committee, a candidate must1:
• Be a member of a Chamber Member in good standing with CHCC; and
• For the office of Chair, have been a past or is a current president or chair of a Qualified Voting Member or has had prior service of at least one (1) year on the Executive Committee of the CHCC board of directors; or
• For the office of Vice Chair, Regional Chair or Regional Director, have served on the board of directors of a Qualified Voting Member.
INTERESTED CANDIDATES SHALL SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION:
• Board of Directors Application - click here to download -
• Letter of Intent to Seek Office. Letter shall include name, contact information, name of the position you are seeking, and how you meet the qualifications for that position.2
• Letter from a "Qualified Voting Member" that candidate/nominee is a member in good standing, and has served on the board of directors of a local CHCC chamber member.3
All documents and/or correspondence shall be addressed and submitted:
Via mail: Nominations Committee or via e-mail: email@example.com
c/o CHCC President & CEO
1510 J Street, Suite 110
Sacramento, CA 95814
NO NOMINATIONS FROM FLOOR4
No nominations from the floor will be accepted at the time of the Elections for those candidates that will be elected by voting members for service on the CHCC board of directors in order to ensure that the candidate meets the eligibility requirements for such office as established by the CHCC Bylaws and the Elections Procedures.
QUESTIONS OR ASSISTANCE
If you need additional information or clarification of an issue, please do not hesitate to contact the CHCC office at (916) 444-2221.
DUE DATE TO SUBMIT ALL COMPLETED REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION
Friday, July 3, 2015 – 5:00p.m.
-No late submissions will be accepted.-
1 Article VI, Section 1- CHCC Bylaws, As Amended November 8, 2014
2 Article VI, Section 2.2 – CHCC
3 Active II, Section 3.1 – CHCC Bylaws, As Amended November 8, 2014 – Qualified Voting Member: Any organization which meets the qualification for voting membership as set forth in the CHCC bylaws, the voting membership qualification criteria as established by the CHCC board of directors from time to time, and has been approved for voting membership in the CHCC by the CHCC board of directors shall be eligible for status as a CHCC member in “good standing” (a “Qualified Voting Member”).
“Good Standing” is interpreted to mean, the organization that meets the qualifications for voting membership is in active status with the California Secretary of State, and is in compliance with all local, state and federal laws and in compliance with CHCC bylaws or other rules as may be adopted from time to time by the CHCC board of directors.
A Qualified Voting Member that remains in good standing shall be entitled to vote as a member of CHCC in elections held by the CHCC, in accordance with the terms of the CHCC bylaws and such election policies and procedures as adopted from time to time by the CHCC board of directors (the “Elections Procedures”). A Qualified Voting Member shall be issued a certificate of voting membership by the CHCC, the member shall be eligible to vote if such certification remains in good standing at the time of the general elections.
4Article VI, Section 2.3- CHCC Bylaws, As Amended November 8, 2014