CHCC 2014 “Creating A Path to Success” (C.A.P.S. ) Program
In 2004, as part of the California Hispanic Chambers of Commerce (CHCC) 25th Anniversary and the 50th Anniversary of the landmark decision of Brown v. Board of Education, the CHCC launched the first C.A.P.S Program.
The Creating a Path to Success Program (C.A.P.S.) allows a select group of college students to participate at the CHCC’s Annual Convention. The Program will begin with a daylong orientation where you will be taught practical skills to aid you in becoming a successful leader or entrepreneur in your community. The program will provide participants with useful skills, and provide networking and educational opportunities with successful entrepreneurs, corporate representatives, non-profit representatives, and elected officials.
As such, there will be requirements that each participant will need to fulfill during the Convention to ensure that their experience is truly an educational, as well as an eye opening experience.
The basic criteria for our participants are as follows:
- Must be 21 years of age prior to August 14th, 2014.
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA.
- Must be a full-time student with at least Junior standing or have obtained their associate’s degree with proof of transfer to a four year institution for the upcoming academic year.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Be available without restrictions during the time frame of Convention (TBA)
- Additionally, participants must commit to volunteering at the CHCC Convention.
Acceptance to the C.A.P.S. Program will include full scholarship to the Convention, including hotel lodging, meals, convention registration, program supplies, travel to the Convention (if needed).
Should you have any questions regarding the content of the program or completing your application, please contact the CHCC office at 800.299.6033 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org